|bizplay||CREATIVE MEDIA – Film / Arts / Games|
|14:00 – 14:05||Opening: Ruth Lemmen|
|14:05 – 14:20||Opening Keynote: Estela Renner, Maria Farinhas Films (BR)|
|14:20 – 14:40||Broadcast and Fireplace Conversation: Aruanas (Maria Farinhas Films)|
|14:40 – 14:50||Break|
|14:50 – 15:00||
Across Media I: Games and SDGs, Anja Reiß and Raphael Perret,
StudioZB, Sven Schmidt, coach and consultant
|15:00 – 15:10||Across Media II: Comics and SDGs, Lukas Jüliger (DE), Graphic Novelist|
|15:10 – 15:20||
Across Media III: Arts and SDGs, Become terrestrial: From landing in
the critical zone, Barbara Kiolbassa, ZKM / Critical Zones (DE)
|15:20 – 15:35||Cross-Media Q&A: SDGs Across Creative Media|
|15:35 – 15:55||
Closing Keynote: Dr. Trista Patterson, UN Environment Programme /
|15:55 – 16:00||Wrap-up: Ruth Lemmen|
Finding ideas for a sustainable economy with "Pitch Your Green Idea!" The sustainable game of entrepreneurship
|Sustainable Development Goals)|
|creatables||Good Health and Well-Being through Games, UX & Co.|
|16:00 – 16:05||Opening: Ruth Lemmen|
|16:05 – 16:25||Opening Keynote: Charles Johnson, Puma Innovation / Design to Fade (US/DE)
"Aspirations of a Humanistic Designer“
|16:25 – 16:40||Impulse: Noah Falstein (US), Gamedesigner and Producer
Games and Simulations for the SDG „Good Health and Well-Being“
|16:40 – 16:50||Break|
|16:50 – 17:35||
Games and Simulations for SDG Good Health and Well-Being:
Live Demos/Commentary and Q&A
|17:35 – 17:55||Closing Keynote: Sophie Kleber, Google (US)
"Spaces of Belonging“
|17:55 – 18:00||Wrap-up: Ruth Lemmen|
|18:00 – 19:30||Design Sprint: Creative Snacks from the Creatables method
Frieda Preuß, Philip Rigley, Jasmin Henrich-Kirchhübel, Spiegel Institut (DE),
Dr. Andrea Buchholz, MFG (DE) and Prof. Dr. Steffen P. Walz, diconium (DE)
|SDG: Sustainable Development Goals|
Creatables, the cross-innovation event all about sustainability goals for the games industry, companies, start-ups and universities, was a guest in Karlsruhe and online on 15 October 2020 at bizplay, the most important event for gamification and game design in Germany: At bizplay meets creatables, digital pioneers from the creative and games industry, start-ups and universities met SMEs – and together they created trendsetting sustainable innovation in exciting panels, talks and interactive workshops. The focus of bizplay meets creatables was the sustainability goal Good Health & Well-Being of the United Nations.
If you would like to watch the lectures and discussions afterwards: Soon we will provide extensive material on the YouTube channel and Flickr account of MFG.
At bizplay meets creatables the following topics were discussed:
- Sustainable value creation in the digital age through cross-innovation
- Games mechanisms for innovation to meet sustainability goals
- International keynotes and best practice examples, creative techniques for innovation and more sustainability
- Creative Media and Health/Wellbeing in focus of the event
Sustainability stands for the necessity of change in our world, our society and our daily life:
- Users are becoming increasingly sensitive to the issue of sustainability and demand credible satisfaction of their needs through sustainably produced products and sustainably operated services.
- Companies are also increasingly under pressure from investors to actively and transparently incorporate sustainability into their operations in order to secure further investments.
- Society and politics are increasingly calling for the implementation of the climate goals and the 17 sustainability goals (SDG) of the United Nations.
- Many creative professionals and SMEs have long since made these goals their own: game developers who publish games on sustainability issues, XR experts* who use game mechanics for resource-saving products and new offerings, companies that up-cycle or are involved in new mobility solutions.